- We support the University Board, the faculties and the institutes in dealing with conceptional and organizational questions on promoting research, innovation and career advancement.
- We inform researchers and young scientists about project funding and fellowships for junior researchers.
- We manage the activities of the Research Commission, the Commission for Academic Career Development and the Technology Commission.
- We coordinate research programs, research priority programs and centers of competence in research.
- We coordinate the university’s activities in the field of innovation.
- We coordinate the technology platforms on the university level.
- We act as the interface to the national research initiatives and to the Swiss National Science Foundation.